Amazon widget

Saturday 9 July 2016

Here it goes...

Ok, so first of all thank you for taking the time to look at this blog.
I am now 33 years young and a father of 2 amazing boys.  Having been first described as a book worm when I was 8 years old, reading has been a major part of my life!  When I first met my wife, around 11 years ago, she simply couldn’t understand my love of reading and declared that “books are boring”.
I will happily admit that I could not hide my shock when I rang her one day to be told off for interrupting her reading!  For the first time ever she had come across a book that she simply could not put down (I kind of envy her that feeling).
Anyway, after years of reading what I now refer to as proper books (paper or hard back versions) I finally switched to an e-reader around 5 years ago.  This was a major shift for me and something I will cover in my blog (at some point).
Primarily, this blog is aimed at covering a number of areas including;
  • How I read my books – e-readers, software, library services (in the UK), etc.
  • The books that I read – this can be quite a mixture but will mainly be either action; military history; or more recently fantasy books (sorry ladies but 50 Shades of Grey isn’t included).  Also I have now started reading books with my eldest son and will share my thoughts on these.
  • What books I am looking forward to reading.
  • My thoughts on being part of a book club – my workplace has one which I have, somehow, ended up running.
Whilst the content of each post on this blog will reflect my personal opinion, I am hoping that you will contribute your own views at some point, especially if you have made it this far through my first post!.
This is my journey, but I hope that it may become part of yours as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment